In this policy, “us”, “we” or “our” means Tradingpost.com Pte Ltd.
This policy sets out:
- – what kind of information we collect;
- – how we collect it;
- – why we collect it;
- – how we use it;
- – how we disclose it;
- – opting in and out;
- – management and security;
- – how to seek access to and update your personal information; and
- – how to contact us.
We are bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cwth) (subject to exemptions that apply to us under that Act).
We may, from time to time, review and update this policy, including to take account of new or amended laws, new technology and/or changes to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recently updated policy.
This policy was last updated in October 2011.
What information we collect
In general, the personal information we collect about you includes (but is not limited to) your name, contact details (including phone numbers and addresses) and possibly financial information, including your credit card information.
We also collect information about you that is not personal information. For example, we may collect data relating to your activity on our websites (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to a survey. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information, the National Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
We generally advise that you do not publish or communicate personal information, or at least limit the personal information that you publish or communicate, to the public via our services, such as in our classifieds, forums or blogs (Non-Confidential Information). You acknowledge that we cannot control any third party collection or use of your Non-Confidential Information. You agree that we may use and disclose Non-Confidential Information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
How we collect it
We may collect your personal information from a variety of sources, including from you, advertisers, mailing lists, recruitment agencies, contractors and business partners.
We may collect your personal information when you request or acquire a product or service from us, register with us as a member, provide a product or service to us, complete a survey or questionnaire, enter a competition or event, contribute in a fundraising event, participate in our services (including our blogs and forums) or when you communicate with us by e-mail, telephone or in writing (for example if you contact customer service to make a complaint or provide feedback).
If, at any time, you provide personal or other information about someone other than yourself, you warrant that you have that person’s consent to provide such information for the purpose specified.
Why we collect it
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to provide you with products and services you have requested. We also collect information about you for the purposes outlined below.
We may state a more specific purpose at the point we collect your information.
If you do not provide us with the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services. For example, if you do not register as a member of a website, you will not be able to access features or services that are reserved for members only.
How we use it
In addition to the primary purpose outlined above, we may use the personal information we collect, and you consent to us using your personal information:
- – to provide you with news and information about our products and services;
- – to send marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in. This material may relate to any of Tradingpost’s businesses or a third party business which we believe may be of interest to you;
- – for purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of goods and services to you;
- – to personalise and customise your experiences;
- – to manage and enhance our products and services;
- – to communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone;
- – to conduct competitions or promotions on behalf of Tradingpost.com Pte Ltd and selected third parties;
- – to verify your identity;
- – to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- – as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).